Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

When the North Wind Doth Blow...

This morning we woke to the first frost.



I didn't want to scrape the ice off the car window.
I just wanted to sit here...
(Country Homes and Interiors)
' Or let Autumn fall on me
Where afield i linger,
Silencing the bird on tree,
Biting the blue finger.
White as meal the frosty field-
warm the fireside haven-
Not to Autumn will I yield,
Not to Winter even!
R. L. Stevenson.


It is going to be minus 3 tonight.... Boots, coats, scarfs and gloves at the ready.

Shelly.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful Fall-y post! Sweet dreams for later, Shelly and a happy Thursday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly
    You are right about the frost woke up today to a lovely white layer on the garden! I love your blog and have been reading past posts - I have the Kirsty book on my wish list as well - I see we have quite a bit in common the first one being our 3 sons!!
    have a lovely day - its a house clearing up day for me today - I can feel some furniture moving coming on!
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete