Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Lemon Tarts

These are the easiest mini lemon tarts and my family love them.

I love the tin I make them in!!
A 24 hole mini muffin tin. I bought mine from Pampered Chef but Lakeland sell them as well.
They come with a wooden dibber to press the pastry into the holes (a very therapeutic exercise!!)



Take a ready made packet of shortcrust pastry (sometimes life is just to short to make the stuff)
a jar of good quality lemon curd, and an egg ,that's all you need.

Roll out your pastry on a floured surface, use a medium size cookie cutter to cut the rounds, lay them over the holes (I lightly grease the holes in the tin first) use the dibber to press the pastry rounds snugly into each hole.
Put a flat teaspoon of lemon curd into each hole, top with a pastry shape of your choice, brush with beaten egg and cook for 15 mins in a hot oven.


With this tin you can make lovely sweet and savory morsels for any occasion, I have made all kinds of sweet tarts, little mini quiches, mini muffin cakes, homemade chocolate truffles.... it uses are endless.
Happy Baking this week.
Shelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment