Pages

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Slow Cooking



I made the first slow cooked stew of the Autumn season.

Put the chopped veggies in the slow cooker (I used carrots, potato's, peas, french beans and tomato's) put in a base sauce (tomato and garlic or tinned chopped tomato's with some stock) add flavor with Tabasco or Worcester Sauce and herbs.




Flour the beef braising steak and brown before adding to the crock pot.
I added a quarter bottle of red wine (left over from Sunday lunch!)



It cooked all day while we were working, when we came home the kitchen smelt so lovely and dinner was almost ready..... I added some dumplings and put the crock pot in the oven to finish.


Dinner was served.


It was sooooo good.


Shelly.




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely dish! Autumn indeed calls for stew, and I just wish I could cook a proper one as well!
    If just temperatures were a little lower, ah!
    :) You're always so kind to leave comments on my second blog, I really enjoy reading them and am happy to comment on your blog since I really love the posts,
    and these ones about cooking, well, I like them even more as my main "hobby" is cooking!
    Thank you,
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete