Pages

Saturday 24 July 2010

Simplify - make simple, make easy to do or understand.

I have been thinking about the word 'Simplify' since I wrote in my last post that I loved Country Fayre's because of the simplistic nature of the events and the way they bring people together to enjoy life from a bygone place in time.



The last couple of decades nurtured the 'grab it, have it all' culture that has become a part of the materialistic driven western world and I am right there in the mix, wanting, spending, credit busting and think about it tomorrow way of living.

'Melt down' began to creep into our consciousness and as last year's recession became a reality it was time to think again, which I did, I did a lot of thinking and not much doing!


For me it is only lately that I have been thinking about how to live differently, not by giving up what I know for a completely different way of life, but doing things differently within the life I already lead (which by the way is a happy and rewarding one) hence the one word that sums it for me is SIMPLIFY.




I am blessed with a wonderful family, a gorgeous man for a life partner, a home, a garden, a market town lifestyle, a job that makes a positive difference to the lives of others. In some aspects of my life I have already chosen a simplified route but the time is right to apply the 'simplify' message to other things.


The way I prioritize my time, the way I spend my money, what we eat, the possessions I do not want or need, the things I think I want but do not really need! .
So the challenge is set.. resourcefulness, organisation and de-clutter are the starter words, I will keep you posted.
PS .. the garden pictures are favorite corners from my garden)

No comments:

Post a Comment